Friday, June 18, 2010

First Experiences at the United Nations Office of the Special Envoy for Haiti

Since assuming my role as a legal intern for the United Nations Office of the Special Envoy for Haiti, I have had only cutting edge experiences, as the Haiti reconstruction and recovery effort is in full force this summer. Specifically, I have supported, and continue to support, the work of my supervisor, the private sector policy advisor to the Special Envoy, and contribute to economic development initiatives and property rights research, generally. I am fortunate to have a supervisor who fully exposes me to his work and offers me the opportunity to assist with a variety of important efforts. I have drafted work products intended for the Special Envoy, reviewed and edited contracts, and attended meetings with former government administration aids, corporations, public sector organizations, and UN and international financial agencies. I look forward to the work that awaits me daily and continuing to share my experiences.

No comments: