Friday, July 9, 2010

A Better FInish

After a rough start at my internship, the last few weeks have gotten to be considerably better. I had the opportunity to meet with the head and co-founder of the organization and now have substantive assignments to work on. A lot of my works involves researching major cases that are likely to go to the Supreme Court of Sierra Leone, such as a case about a girl who was suspended from school because of allegations of witchcraft. Sierra Leone's legal system was designed using the British system as a prototype, so I find myself learning a lot about British law as well as Sierra Leonean law. All of the frustration that I felt before has gone and now I feel as though I am accomplishing something with my time. Though my time here is short and I will be unable to see the case through until the end, it feels great to know that I am playing a role in what might turn out to be landmark cases.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Glad to hear it, Dianne!